Friday, September 26, 2008

We are official!

Today was a crazy day. Donald was supposed to come home around noon today. Considering it is now 8:00 PM, I don't think that plan worked. He said he will be leaving Ft. Lauderdale in about an hour. That puts him arriving here around 2 or 2:30 AM. I would rather him stay there. If he doesn't leave until 9, I will insist that he stay there another night.

So, we ran errands today.

First, we drove over to Argyle to get the key for the new house (we don't get to keep the key until Wednesday but we wanted to measure). While in Argyle, we talked to Rob (my mom's ex-boss) and he offered her a job. She accepted. Only downfall is that she will be working from home - yuck!

After talking with Rob, we picked up a book from Melissa, a mom from my mothering group. She was selling it cheap and it's a great homeschooling resource book.

We then drove out to St. Augustine (while eating lunch in the car LOL). We were going to go to the school board first and register Raymond as a homeschooler but Ari changed our plans. She started yelling "ahhh boo boo" and in Ari language that means "I NEED TO POOP!" So we were near the new house at that point, thank God, and stopped there.

We run in the house and I put her on the potty and she changes her mind! LOL.... She MUST be my daughter. We go ahead and measure the rooms we needed to and I nurse Nate-Nate.

Then, as I finished nursing, she starts SCREAMING crying! "AHHHH BOO BOO, AHHH BOO BOO!" So, I run her to the potty and she's screaming the entire time. This is exactly what happens when she poops in her pants. Sooo, she did. She pooped mainly in the toilet but a little in her panties and it was the end of the world for her. I change her clothes and clean up and off we go.

We go to downtown St. Augustine. I must say that I *love* downtown historic St. Augustine, Florida! It's so hippie and artsy and fun. We find the school board buildings (yes, buildings with an S) and I walk around for 10 minutes looking for the right door - every door says "Use other door" haha. I finally find my way in and they have me fill out one piece of paper and say I'm done. WOW. I was totally expecting a lot more. I was thinking I would be questioned and made to show all sorts of proof and this or that... NOPE! It was easy-peazy!

We left and dropped the key back in Argyle and came home.

Mom and Raymond left to pick up dinner and the cat. Mom had dropped our cat, Bubbi, off at PetSmart earlier that day for a bath, nail trim, and to be combed out. He came back so pretty and smells great but man, is he in a bad mood. He's not a friendly cat anyways. Not mean, but just not a people person.

Ari is going to bed tonight for the first time ever without a pacifier! WOOHOo! And if Alex takes his diaper off one more time I'm going to scream! He keeps taking his diaper off and peeing in his sleep in his bed. It's getting REALLY annoying!

Sorry if this sounds jumbled or out of order. I know I'm rambling but it's my blog! I'm allowed to. Besides, I'm getting excited for the Presidential Debate tonight!

No comments: